How To Make A Creamy Tuscan Salmon Recipe In Less Than 30 Minutes
This Creamy Tuscan Salmon recipe makes perfectly seared salmon with spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, and olives in a creamy garlic sauce. It is delicious! It’s a healthy and easy way to cook fish on a weeknight. This salmon from Tuscany tastes like Italy. It’s so good to have soft salmon filets with crispy seared edges in a rich and creamy sauce.
Everyone in the family will pass this simple, one-pan recipe that tastes great. Salmon is a great fish that goes well with many different foods. Why not try my Easy Salmon Florentine or my Creamy Coconut Lime Salmon? Both are winners. Want more recipes that come from Tuscany? Check out these recipes for creamy Tuscan chicken and shrimp.
Creamy Tuscan Salmon Cooking Tips
Here’s how to make perfect creamy Tuscan garlic salmon!
- Flaky salmon: When you cook salmon filets, you want them to be flaky. Utilize meat mercury to ensure that your salmon is fully cooked. The temperature should be 145 degrees F on the inside.
- Crispy skin: If you want the skin of your salmon to be crispy, ensure to pat it dry with paper towels when you cook it. This will help eliminate extra moisture so the skin can get nice and crispy in the hot pan.
- Prep: 10 minutes
- Cook: 20 minutes
- Total: 30 minutes
- Course: Main Course
- Cuisine: Italian
- Servings: 4 servings
- Calories: 694kcal
- 2 Tablespoons salted butter
- 4 fillets of salmon (about 1.5 pounds)
- 1 yellow onion, medium-sized
- 3–4 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, soaked for 10 minutes in warm water
- 1 1/2 cups full-fat cream
- 3 fresh cups of spinach
- a half cup of freshly grated Parmesan
- A handful of fresh basil or parsley, chopped or cut into thin strips
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- Put a tablespoon of butter in a pan with a heavy bottom and heat it. Once the butter is melted, include the salmon filets, skin side down. Cook for a few minutes until the edges start turning pale pink. Next, carefully flip them over. The skin will probably come off the filets; take it out of the pan. Note: You can also peel them before you cook them.
- Keep going through the heat till the salmon is made. Then take the salmon slices out of the pan and create the sauce. Place the baked salmon on a plate and cover it while you wait.
- Chop the onion and garlic into small pieces. Then, sum a tablespoon of butter to the pan you used to make the cream.
- Stir in the diced onion till it turns clear. Next, stir in sliced garlic until it smells fine. Later, include sun-dried tomatoes drenched in water, chopped spinach leaves, and cream. Combine everything and carry it to a boil.
- Take it off the warm and add sliced parsley, shredded Parmesan, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Spot the salmon back in the pan with the sauce after it’s been cooked. If you require it, heat it and serve.
You can use dry ones and soak them in warm water until they soften, or you can use ones that come in oil. Both should be drained before being used.
What to serve with this dish:
Serve with fresh pasta or baked veggies like asparagus, broccoli, or cauliflower.
Put the salmon in an airtight vessel or wrap it. You can place the fish on aluminum foil or plastic wrap and wrap it securely. Salmon leftovers can be saved in the fridge for about 2 days.
To reheat any remaining salmon, bake it in a preheated oven at 300 degrees F for about 15 minutes.
Can I Refreeze This Recipe?
Cooked salmon could be frozen for four to six months if stored correctly. Just let the salmon thaw overnight in the fridge before heating it. On the other hand, most creamy sauces such as this don’t heat up well after being frozen because they separate.
Creamy Tuscan Salmon Recipe (faqs)
Do you consume the skin of salmon?
Even though you can eat salmon skin, most people take it off before cooking. This is because salmon skin is often thrown away. After all, it is tough to chew. But if you want to eat the skin, ensure it’s cooked. When it’s crispy, it tastes the best.
How do you cook Creamy Tuscan Salmon in the best way?
There are many ways to cook salmon, but baking, grilling, and pan-frying are among the most popular. All of these ways can make salmon that is tasty, flaky, and full of healthy omega-3 fatty acids and nutrients. Salmon is a healthy and tasty food that can be added to any meal if cooked right.